Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) + 6 Hours
Employers have to risk assess their workplace first aid requirements and the (1 Day) Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work RQF qualification is one of the statutory qualifications for this purpose.
This qualification is ideal for smaller workplaces and or workplaces that have been risk assessed as LOW risk.
From £400 for up to 12 attendees, or £70 per attendee
This qualification is part of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is regulated by OfQual (the official regulator of qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
- Unit 1 Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
- Unit 1 Credits: 1
- Guided Learning Hours: 6 minimum
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- Correctly use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) including following the voice prompts and correct pad placement;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Ongoing practical assessment by the course trainer/s throughout the duration of the course in a low stress environment.
Normally (1 day) but can be broken down into smaller sessions with a minimum of 6 hours contact teaching hours (excluding lunch and breaks).
- Minimum of 1 trainer per 12 attendees.
- Interactive hands on practical training.
- One AED training unit per 2 attendees.
- One CPR training manikin (Adult) per attendee.
- Easy to follow individual course manual.
- A recognised qualification certificate with 3 years license to practice.
Certification / Revalidation
On successful completion of the course, attendees will be issued with the Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work RQF qualification valid for 3 years.
The Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is revalidated by completing the same course within 3 years.
Holders of this qualification are strongly recommended by the HSE to attended a 3 hour Annual Update training course every year.
On-site courses can be held at your own venue, starting from £400 for up to and including 12 attendees.
Individual places on our open courses held in the South West region start from as little as £70 per attendee.
For individual bookings, please book your course here.
For group bookings, please enquire here and we will get back to you asap.