Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support & Automated External Defibrillation (RQF) 4 + Hours
Electrical defibrillation is well established as the effective therapy for cardiac arrest, the most important determinant of survival being the time from collapse to delivery of the first shock. Today the widespread deployment of Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) is considered a realistic strategy for reducing death rates due to heart disease.
From £360 for up to 12 attendees, or £65 per attendee.
This qualification is part of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) regulated by OfQual (the official regulator of qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support & Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Unit 1 BLS & AED Use
- Unit 1 Credits: 1
- Total Qualification Credits: 1
Normally 4 Hours (excluding breaks).
- Brief Historical Introduction
- Vital Signs & Basic Life Support.
- BLS Scenarios.
- Chain of Survival.
- Heart Rhythms.
- AED Scenarios.
- Dealing with Aftermath.
- Minimum of 1 trainer per 12 attendees.
- Interactive hands on practical training.
- One AED training unit per 2 attendees.
- One CPR training manikin (Adult/Child) per attendees.
- Easy to follow individual course manual.
- A recognised qualification certificate with 3 years license to practice.
Certification / Revalidation
On successful completion of the course, attendees will be issued with the Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support & Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator RQF qualification valid for 3 years.
Revalidation is by attending the same course before the qualification expires.
On-site courses can be held at your own venue, starting from £360 for up to and including 12 attendees.
Individual places on our open courses held in the South West region start from as little as £65 per attendee.
For group or individual bookings, please enquire here and we will get back to you asap.